THIS COURSE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ASHA CEUS or Certification Maintenance Hours (CMH).
Tassel will not submit your credit to ASHA.
When: Available March 29, 2023 – March 29, 2025
Where: Audio available once you register under “Course Content” at the bottom of this page.
Description: This session discusses how to start a side hustle based on your own strengths and interests. This session also explores different streams of income to create income stability in an unstable work climate.
Who This Course Is Good For:
- Any ASHA member, CCC holder, or other professional that is licensed or credentialed to practice speech-language pathology (SLP) or audiology or preparing to earn CMHs.
- Any speech-language pathologist (SLP) who wants to learn more about building a business and diversifying their revenue streams.
- A professional who has a creative or analytic skill set that can be used outside of the therapy room.
Who This Course Isn’t Good For:
- Any professional who is not looking to start their own business or diversify their revenue streams.
Venita Litvack, M.A, CCC-SLP
Venita is an Assistive Technology (AT) Consultant in south Florida. She has a passion for using AAC, AT, and literacy to support individuals with complex communication needs, autism, and other disabilities. Venita has delivered poster presentations on several topics related to AAC at ASHA and co-presented several ASHA CEU accredited courses. Venita co-authored two articles published in ASHA Leader’s online publication, as well as the Lou Knows What to Do book series published by Boys Town Press. Recently, Venita started utilizing the power of social media to empower and motivate educators across the country through the Speechie Side Up podcast, blog, Instagram account, and YouTube channel.
Venita Litvack has the following relevant financial relationships to disclose: ownership interest in Speechie Side Up, LLC and Tassel Learning, LLC; royalties from the Lou Knows What to Do book series.
Venita Litvack has the following relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose: member of the ASHA Special Interest Group 12.
As a result of this activity, participants will:
- Identify if you have what it takes to be a business owner
- How to maintain a stable income while pursuing a side hustle
- Discover what side hustle would match your skills and passion
- Learn the steps for starting a side hustle
|Introductions and Backgrounds
|Discussion of what it takes to be a business owner
|Discussion of how to maintain a stable income while pursuing a side hustle
|Exercises to discover what side hustle would match your skills and passion
|Description of the steps for starting a side hustle
To file a complaint or ask general questions about the complaint filing process, please contact our support team at email@example.com