Course Number: ABIO2221
When: Available October 13, 2022 – October 31, 2025
Where: Audio available once you register under “Course Content” at the bottom of this page.
Description: This session discusses a phonological intervention called the “Cycles” approach. This session identifies what a Cycles Approach looks like, what population benefits from this intervention, and what a Cycles Approach treatment session looks like based on evidence-based practice.
Who This Course Is Good For:
- Any ASHA member, CCC holder, or other professional that is licensed or credentialed to practice speech-language pathology (SLP) or audiology or preparing to earn ASHA CEUs.
- A professional who works with pediatric clients that have phonological speech disorders.
- A speech-language pathologist (SLP) who wants to learn the “Cycles” method as a therapy approach.
Who This Course Isn’t Good For:
- Any professional who has an extensive background in phonological disorders with the pediatric population.
- Any professional that does not currently work with any pediatric clients or plan to in the near future.
- Professionals that work with a population older than lower elementary.
CARA TAMBELLINI, M.A., CCC-SLP
Cara Tambellini is a Speech-Language Pathologist with more than fifteen years of experience. She received her B.A. in Psychology from Northwestern University (Chicago, IL) and her M.A. in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Northwestern University, which is ranked in the top 5 Graduate Speech-Language Pathology programs in the United States (US News & World Report Ranking). Cara has experience working in a variety of settings, including private practice, early intervention, schools, and rehabilitation hospitals. Cara uses evidence-based therapeutic interventions. She tailors speech therapy sessions to the individual needs of each client. Her clients look forward to speech therapy as Cara strives to make each therapy session fun and motivating. You can find Cara on her instagram account @caraspeech.
Suzanne Aldrich, M.A., CCC-SLP
Suzanne Aldrich, M.A., CCC-SLP has over a decade of experience as a licensed speech-language pathologist. She currently owns and operates her own private practice where she specializes in treating speech sound disorders (articulation disorders, phonological disorders, and childhood apraxia of speech) as well as language delays and disorders in the birth-preschool population. Suzanne is passionate about keeping up with research regarding best practices in the field of speech-language pathology, and she strives to apply the research in a practical, manageable way in her clinical practice.
Cara Tambellini has the following relevant financial relationships to disclose: received payments from Tassel Learning, LLC; royalties from her 4 children’s books; payment from her course: Helping Your Child Communicate.
Cara Tambellini has no nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
Suzanne Aldrich has the following relevant financial relationships to disclose: has created materials related to treating speech and language delays and disorders that can be purchased on her website, playingspeech.com, on the Teachers Pay Teachers website, and on the Boom Learning website. Some of the materials are related to the Cycles Approach.
Suzanne Aldrich has no nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
As a result of this activity, participants will:
- Identify the Cycles Approach
- Identify who the Cycles Approach appropriate is for
- Understand what a “Cycle” means
- Describe what a Cycles treatment session looks like
|10 min||Introductions and Backgrounds|
|12 min||Description of the Cycles Approach|
|8 min||Discussion of who benefits from a Cycles Approach|
|10 min||Discussion of what a “Cycle” means|
|14 min||Discussion of what Cycle treatment looks like|
|6 min||Discussion of helpful resources|
To file a complaint or ask general questions about the complaint filing process, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org