Course Number: ABIO2333
When: August 29, 2023 – August 29, 2028
Where: Available under “Course Content” at the bottom of this page.
Description: This session discusses the robust ability of various alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) apps, as they apply to different client populations. This session showed in detail how to edit page sets in 6 different AAC apps, how to find words, and how to hide and show vocabulary. The presenter also explored how to obtain AAC trial devices.
Who This Course Is Good For:
- Any ASHA member, CCC holder, or other professional that is licensed or credentialed to practice speech-language pathology (SLP) or audiology or preparing to earn ASHA CEUs.
- Any speech-language pathologist (SLP) who wants to learn more about digital AAC resources.
- A professional who works with pediatric clients.
- Any professional who works with AAC users.
Who This Course Isn’t Good For:
- Any professional who is not familiar with the terms AAC or modeling.
- Any professional who solely provides in-person services.
- Any professional that does not currently work with any pediatric clients or plans to in the near future.
Venita Litvack, M.A, CCC-SLP
Venita is an Assistive Technology (AT) Consultant in south Florida. She has a passion for using AAC, AT, and literacy to support individuals with complex communication needs, autism, and other disabilities. Venita has delivered poster presentations on several topics related to AAC at ASHA and co-presented several ASHA CEU accredited courses. Venita co-authored two articles published in ASHA Leader’s online publication, as well as the Lou Knows What to Do book series published by Boys Town Press. Recently, Venita started utilizing the power of social media to empower and motivate educators across the country through the Speechie Side Up podcast, blog, Instagram account, and YouTube channel.
Venita Litvack has the following relevant financial relationships to disclose: ownership interest in Speechie Side Up, LLC and Tassel Learning, LLC; royalties from the Lou Knows What to Do book series.
Venita Litvack has the following relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose: member of the ASHA Special Interest Group 12.
In-Kind Support shown by: Florida Alliance for Assistive Services & Technology provided the Ipad used in the course.
Course Content: This presentation will focus exclusively on the following AAC apps and will not include information on other similar or related apps: LAMP Words for Life™ (WFL), Touch Chat HD, Tobii-Dynavox (TD) Snap® , GoTalk® Now, Proloquo2Go AAC, CoughDrop.
As a result of this activity, participants will:
- Edit page sets in the 6 different AAC apps
- Find words in at least 2 AAC apps
- Hide and show vocabulary in at least 2 AAC apps
- Describe how to obtain AAC trial devices
|5 min||Introductions, Background, & Disclosures|
|7 min||LAMP WFL|
|6 min||Touch Chat HD|
|6 min||Tobii-Dynavox (TD) Snap®|
|7 min||GoTalk® Now|
|8 min||Proloquo2Go AAC|
|15 min||How to obtain trial devices|
To file a complaint or ask general questions about the complaint filing process, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org